8:00AM – Registration opens
9:00AM - Producer & Chairperson’s Conference Welcome
Jenna Kelly, Conference Producer, Bonhill Group
Trisha de Borchgrave, Senior Associate, Global Women Leaders Strategic Philanthropy
The Rollercoaster World of Technology
9:10AM - LIGHTNING TALKS: ‘Tech for Social Good’ …is the New Black?
- In what ways can connectivity increase diverse participation in sport?
- Image technology and sustainability – the secret to sustainable sourcing?
- The use of 3D printing and VR to increase access and inclusion to data for the visually impared and differently-abled learners
Facilitator: Cheryl Neal, VP, Data & Networking, Tech Data
Jenn Bennett, Technical Director, Office of the CTO, Google
Tina Finelli, Co-Founder & Chief Marketing Officer, SeeWhatSheCanDo
Kimberly Arcand, Visualization Lead, Center for Astrophysics, Harvard & Smithsonian
9:45AM - CASE STUDY PRESENTATION: Managing Your Innovation Risks Like a Pro
- What are leading companies doing around manage Cyber risks
- How do the best of the best lead with Secure Innovation
- What differentiates the most innovative companies: Value and Values
Lisa O’Connor, Managing Director, Accenture
10:05AM - PANEL: AI v Humans - “The Opportunities Created by Automation Outweigh the Jobs Lost
- Which jobs are victim to robots, AI & digitalization? Which demographics are most at risk?
- How can employers in the US manage transitions?
- How is automation making things better for the average worker?
- What is employer appetite for technical training and employee development?
Moderator: Marie Wiese, Host, Women Talk Tech
Radia Funna, Special Advisor, Programs, Partnerships & Innovation, United Nation
Tasha Jones, President, Twenty39
Irving Wladawsky-Berger, Research Affiliate, MIT Sloan School of Management
Lisa Woodley, Vice President of Customer Experience, NTT Data
10:40AM - Speed Networking Break
11:30AM - PRESENTATION: Reputation on the Internet: using the blockchain to fight misinformation
- The internet’s role in elections and our democratic process
- The role of tech companies in monitoring fake news and misinformation
- Blockchain technology as a shared ledger of the truth
- Strategies for tracing misinformation
Jenna Pilgrim, Co-Founder & CEO, Streambed Media
11:50AM - FIRESIDE CHAT: The Marriage of Tech & Mental Health
- How can abuse of technology negatively impact mental health? How can technology professionals in high-intensity work environments prioritize their wellbeing?
- What technologies and wearables are being developed to combat and cure mental illnesses?
- The exciting emergence of digital phenotyping and what we need to know about it
Moderator: Faye Sahai, Managing Director, Telosity, Vinaj
Sub Datta, Co-Founder & CEO, CompanionMx
Professional Development: More than Buzzwords
12:15PM - MASTERCLASS: Networking 101
- What are the basic tools of networking?
- How does it work for an introvert?
- How can we be productive about our networking?
- Maintaining the long-term relationship
- How NOT to network
Amy Radin, C-Suite Advisor, Independent Executive
12:45PM - LUNCH: Birds of a Feather
Join a themed networking gathering
Discuss topics with an expert in a specific field
Meet the speakers
- Tech Talent
- 5G in 2020
- 4-Day Week
- Public Perception of Data
- Sleep for Success
- Diversity Pay Gap
1:45PM - LIVE Q&A: What Do We Mean By Mentorship?
- Mentoring someone DIFFERENT – gender, racial and age diversity in mentor-mentee relationships
- How can we stretch our mentality about what the process means?
- What is the distinction between coaching, mentoring and sponsorship?
- Where do we find a mentor?
- How can you be a good mentor? How can you be a good mentee?
Interviewer: Rachana Kumar, Senior Director of Engineering, Etsy
Kathy McGroddy-Goetz, Global Head of Strategic Partnerships, Acorn AI Head of Strategy & Alliances, Medidata Solutions
Ana Oromendia, Director of Product, Value Discovery, Medidata Solutions
The Tech Talent Pool
2:15PM - PECHA KUCHA: Neutral Recruitment: What, Why & How?
- In what ways are job postings often geared towards men? Are the algorithms wrong?
- The need for employers to sell themselves just as much as candidates
- What are the practical steps tech companies can take to make their vacancies attractive to everyone?
Laura McGee, Founder & CEO, Diversio
2:25PM - THINK TANK: It Starts with an Education
- Let’s talk about girls in tech: a look at school & university statistics
- We know girls are capable: where’s the barrier?
- What are companies doing to encourage girls studying tech-related subjects? What’s working?
- Is there a language change needed to get younger girls excited about tech?
Tracey Welson-Rossman, Founder, TechGirlz Charitable Foundation
2:55PM - Afternoon Break
3:25PM - PANEL: Why Does Being an Ally Matter
- Being an ally…how do you do it and why does it matter?
- Why are minorities not being represented in the tech world?
- The art of championing diversity across the board
- Men’s mental health, paternity leave – how do we address these issues in the fight for gender equity?
Moderator: KC Lathrop, Design Program Manager, IBM
Kelly Bissell, Global Senior Managing Director, Accenture Security
Lawrence Fauntleroy, Director, CUNY 2X/Tech Talent Pipeline
D’Lovely Gibson, Senior Principle Consultant, Anteris Management Consulting
Libby Naumes, Consultant, Russell Reynolds Associates
4:05PM - PERSONAL INTROSPECTIVE: What’s Your Bias?
Anisha Asundi, Research Fellow: Gender Specialist, Women and Public Policy Program, Harvard Kennedy School
4:30PM - IMPACT TALK: Leveraging Diversity Across the Board
- Build the skillset you need for Board membership
- Learn what routes lead to a Board position
- How is regulation shifting?
- The business case for Board diversity
Susan Gross Sholinsky, Labor & Employment Attorney and Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
4:45PM – SUMMIT ROUND-UP
5:00PM - End of Conference
Women in IT 2020 Awards
19:00 Champagne Reception
20:00 Welcome and Keynote Addresses