8:00AM – Registration opens
9:00AM - Producer & Chairperson’s Conference Welcome
Tania Ferreira, Senior Conference Producer, Bonhill Group
The Rollercoaster World of Technology
9:10AM - LIGHTNING TALKS: ‘Tech for Social Good’ …is the New Black?
- Robotics and environmental sustainability – an unlikely pair, or a power couple?
- In what ways is connectivity key to equality and progression?
- Looking to the future: where are these trends going and how can technological advances be implemented in a safe way?
9:45AM - CASE STUDY PRESENTATION: Managing Your Risks Like a Pro
- Understanding public trust issues with data governance and privacy
- How do we prepare for regulatory risk, 3rd party risk & cyber risk?
- How can crisis management use tech? How can technological advances create crisis?
10:05AM - DEBATE: AI v Humans – Are We Headed For a Jobless Economy?
- Which jobs are victim to robots, AI & digitalization?
- Which demographics are most at risk?
- How can employers in the US manage transitions?
- How is automation making things better for the average worker?
- Do the new opportunities outweigh the jobs lost?
- The responsibility of tech giants
10:40AM - Speed Networking Break
11:30AM - PRESENTATION: Blockchain Beyond Crypto
- How blockchain can change government
- Can we change voter experience and eliminate fraud?
- Integration of smart contracts
11:50AM - FIRESIDE CHAT: The Marriage of Tech & Mental Health
- How can abuse of technology negatively impact mental health? How can technology professionals in high-intensity work environments prioritize their wellbeing?
- What technologies and wearables are being developed to combat and cure mental illnesses?
- The exciting emergence of digital phenotyping and what we need to know about it
Professional Development: More than Buzzwords
12:15PM - ROUNDTABLES: Networking 101
- What are the basic tools of networking?
- How does it work for an introvert?
- How can we be productive about our networking?
- Maintaining the long-term relationship
- How NOT to network
12:45PM - LUNCH: Birds of a Feather
Join a topic-based networking gathering, led by an expert in a specific field.
1:45PM - IMPACT TALK: What Do We Mean By Mentorship?
- Mentoring someone DIFFERENT – gender, racial and age diversity in mentor-mentee relationships
- How can we stretch our mentality about what the process means?
- What is the distinction between coaching, mentoring and sponsorship?
- Where do we find a mentor?
- How can you be a good mentor? How can you be a good mentee?
The Tech Talent Pool
2:00PM - PECHA KUCHA: Neutral Recruitment: What, Why & How?
- In what ways are job postings often geared towards men? Are the algorithms wrong?
- The need for employers to sell themselves just as much as candidates
- What are the practical steps tech companies can take to make their vacancies attractive to everyone?
2:10PM - THINK TANK: It Starts with an Education
- Let’s talk about girls in tech: a look at school & university statistics
- We know girls are capable: where’s the barrier?
- What are companies doing to encourage girls studying tech-related subjects? What’s working?
- Is there a language change needed to get younger girls excited about tech?
2:45PM - Afternoon Break
3:15PM - PANEL: Why Does Being an Ally Matter
- Being an ally…how do you do it and why does it matter?
- Why are minorities not being represented in the tech world?
- The art of championing diversity across the board
- Men’s mental health, paternity leave – how do we address these issues in the fight for gender equity?
3:55PM - PERSONAL INTROSPECTIVE: What’s Your Bias?
4:10PM - MASTERCLASS: Leveraging Diversity Across the Board
- Build the skillset you need for board membership
- Learn what resources are at your disposal, and what routes lead to a board position
- How is regulation shifting?
- Should we just give back once we’re at the top – or along the way too?
4:45PM – SUMMIT ROUND-UP
5:00PM - End of Conference
Women in IT 2020 Awards
19:00 Champagne Reception
20:00 Welcome and Keynote Addresses